- A-League Staff writer - The independent Match Review Panel (MRP) – consisting of Simon Micallef (Chair), Alan Davidson, and Alan Contini – convened today to consider an incident involving Roy O’Donovan (Central Coast Mariners) that arose in or around the 23rd minute of Central Coast Mariners’ Hyundai A-League Round 16 match against Melbourne City FC on Thursday, 19 January 2017.
News From FFA HQ
- A-League Staff writer - Football Federation Australia (FFA) has determined that Perth Glory player, Rostyn Griffiths, has breached the FFA National Code of Conduct (the Code) by actions he engaged in immediately after receiving an indirect red card in or around the 88th minute of the Hyundai A-League Round 15 Match between Newcastle Jets and Perth Glory on Sunday, 15 January 2017 (Match).
- A-League Staff writer - The independent Match Review Panel (MRP) – consisting of Simon Micallef (Chair), Con Diomis and Adam D’Apuzzo – convened today to consider an incident involving Besart Berisha (Melbourne Victory) which arose in or around the 59th minute of Melbourne Victory’s Round 15 match against Brisbane Roar FC on Friday, 13 January 2017.
Staff writer - Football Federation Australia (FFA) has taken another major step in its implementation of best medical practice by increasing the number of Automated External Defibrillators (Defibrillators) presented to all Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League and Foxtel National Youth League teams.
- Staff writer - Football Federation Australia Chief Executive David Gallop said the FIFA Council’s unanimous decision to expand the number of countries contesting the FIFA World Cup Finals recognised the growth of the game outside of Europe and South America and the positive impact that being a part of the tournament has on local players and fans.
- A-League Staff writer - The Football Federation Australia (FFA) independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee – comprising of Lachlan Gyles SC (Acting Chair), Shaun McCarthy and Robert Wheatley (the Committee) – today delivered their determination in the matter of Dino Djulbic of Perth Glory (the Player).