GAME OF SKILL
Official A-League Goal and Save of the Year PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Official A-League Goal and Save of the Year Promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Promotion commences 9am AEST on 21.05.12 and entries close at 11.59pm AEST on 04.06.12 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents over the age of 12. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or agencies or companies associated with the conduct of this Promotion, are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period comment in the field provided in the comments section on the "Goal Mouth" opinion article, on the www.footballaustralia.com.au network of websites, labelled "Offisider's Goal and Save of the Year" in less than 150 words. To be eligible, an entrant must also provide a valid email address. For avoidance of doubt, comments emailed to any address found on the Website will not be considered valid.
5. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive as to time of receipt.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be entered into the judging to be held at 12pm on 04.06.12 (AEST) at Optus Centre Sydney, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113.
8. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
9. . The first valid entry judged to be the most creative/ ill win a an official Hyundai A-league match ball signed by the Hyundai A-league Team of the Major Prize Winner's choice valued at $100 (“Prize”). The winner will be notified in writing by email and phone. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. If the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the winner is not in the necessary condition to safely participate in the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award to the winner any part of the Prize.
11. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
12. Total Prize value in the Promotion is up to AU$100 (including GST).
13. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner.
14. The Prize (including any unused portion) cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value (including where the Prize is unavailable).
15. The Promoter may conduct such further judging at Optus Centre Sydney, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113 on 04.06.12 at 12pm AEST, as are necessary for an unclaimed prize. The winners of any unclaimed prize will be notified in writing.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute. The Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
17. In the event that a Prize winner is a person under the age of 18, the Prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
20. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by promotional website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
22. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions alters an individual’s statutory guarantees as set out in the Competition and Consumer Act or similar State and Territory laws, where it is illegal to do so.
25. The Promoter is Optus Administration Pty Ltd (ABN 79 055 136 804), (02) 8082 7800] 1 Lyonpark Rd, Macquarie Park NSW 2113.