News

Mulvey slams Melbourne Victory over Berisha saga

Friday, 24 January 2014 7:43 PM
 

Mulvey slams Melbourne Victory over Berisha saga

Brisbane Roar coach Mike Mulvey has slammed Melbourne Victory over their handling of Besart Berisha’s transfer.

Speaking on Fox Sports before the Roar’s match against Wellington, Mulvey was candid in his assessment of the situation.

Mulvey’s main frustration revolved around the timing of the announcement by Melbourne Victory, with the Roar wanting to keep the matter private until after tonight’s match.

“Besart told me the decision and told the rest of the players, so they knew, but to tell you the truth it has become a bit of a circus since then and I’m not happy with that,” Mulvey said.

When pressed on the issue whether the comments were a thinly veiled jibe at the Victory, Mulvey didn’t back down from his stance.

“There’s nothing thin about it.”

The Victory announced Berisha’s arrival on Wednesday, with the Albanian to be the International marquee for the next two seasons.

Several clubs were looking to sign Berisha, who has scored 41 goals in 65 matches in the Hyundai A-League.

 
Poll
How far will Western Sydney go in the AFC Champions League?