This program provides advanced development for Referees wishing to officiate in elite competitions.
Participants must be members of a recognised Referees group and be shown on the FFA database.
The Level 1 Elite Referee course consists of 12 hours of classroom-based units including a Laws of the Game examination. This is followed by a fitness test and a minimum of 5 practical assessments of matches.
The course is conducted by the Member Federation or FFA and it is normally undertaken over a 12-month timeframe.
- be members of an recognised referee group; and
- be an active referee at least 18 years old; and
- clearly exhibit the competencies required of a Level 2 Senior Referee.
Length of Course
12 hours plus practical components over the course of 12 months.
This program may be offered on a national or regional basis. Please contact your State referee coach for more information on this course.
Unit 1 - 60 mins
- Personal Development 4 - Log & Journal
Unit 2 - 40 mins
- Fitness for the Match Official 4
Unit 3 - 75 mins
- Personal Development 5 - Mental Preparation
Unit 4 - 90 mins
- Theory Examination 3
Unit 5 - 45 mins
- Player Management 3 - Conflict Resolution
Unit 6 - 60 mins
- Mentoring 1 - Introduction
Unit 7 - 240 mins
- Mentoring 2 - Practical: Supporting a Colleague
Unit 8 - 60 mins
- Qualities of the Elite Referee
Unit 9 - 1 match (minimum)
- Practical Officiating 8 - Referee
Unit 10 - 1 match (minimum)
- Practical Officiating 9 - Referees
Unit 11 - variable
- Personal Development 6 - Review and Summary of Achievements