Football Australia is the national governing body for football in Australia, situated on the lands of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. We acknowledge the histories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building a brighter future together.
Football Australia took transformative steps in 2020 and released its ‘XI Principles - for the future of Australian football’, which advances eleven principles that underpin a bold and innovate 15-year vision and new strategic agenda for Australian football.
At the centre of the XI Principles is the recognition of the strength and diversity of the Australian football family. We are a melting pot of two million participants represented by over 200 different cultures. No other sport within the Australian sporting landscape offers the type of inherent diversity which football does. This diversity in culture, ideas, and experience makes us strong and prepares us to take advantage of the opportunities embodied in the XI Principles.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel & General Manager - Integrity, this Sydney based fixed-term role will be responsible for the management of all complaints under Football Australia’s member protection and child safeguarding policies. This involves acting as a Member Protection Information Officer and liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including Sport Integrity Australia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the point of contact for Sport Integrity Australia (SIA) in relation to complaints management;
- Work with SIA and Football Australia’s members to implement Football Australia’s National Member Protection Framework;
- Act as a Member Protection Information Officer for Football Australia, which involves listening to complaints and concerns from members, and providing information about the rights, responsibilities and options available to an individual;
- Provide leadership and assist Football Australia Member organisations with member protection issues, concerns and practices
- Assist to manage complaint resolution process in accordance with the relevant policies, including liaison with SIA and other stakeholders;
- Develop and deliver integrity education program to staff, athletes, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Maintain Football Australia’s complaint management system ensuring all current and historical matters are recorded;
- Assist the Legal and Integrity Team to develop and manage other policies, guidelines and processes relating to member protection matters in football
Experience and skills required:
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Strong liaison, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and a proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated personal qualities of integrity, initiative, drive and adaptability
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated experience in sport management, law, governance or related field
- Demonstrated experience in the Australian sport sector, particularly in the provision of advice in areas including member protection and child safeguarding
- Demonstrated ability to develop guidelines and procedures for application across an organisation;
- Team player, ability to think through problems & achieve effective solutions, innovative & constantly seeking better ways of doing things
- Commitment to work as a member of a small team in a dynamic environment
- Effective knowledge of IT & communication systems & platforms
- Familiarity with the football industry will be an added advantage
- Working rights within Australia
- A Working with Vulnerable People clearance (or ability to obtain one) and willingness to undergo a National Police Check
- After normal business hours work will be required during busy periods
To apply, please send through your CV and Cover Letter in one PDF file to email@example.com by 28th November 2021.