Football Australia is the national governing body for football in Australia, situated on the lands of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. We acknowledge the histories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building a brighter future together.
Football Australia took transformative steps in 2020 and released its ‘XI Principles - for the future of Australian football’, which advances eleven principles that underpin a bold and innovate 15-year vision and new strategic agenda for Australian football.
At the centre of the XI Principles is the recognition of the strength and diversity of the Australian football family. We are a melting pot of two million participants represented by over 200 different cultures. No other sport within the Australian sporting landscape offers the type of inherent diversity which football does. This diversity in culture, ideas, and experience makes us strong and prepares us to take advantage of the opportunities embodied in the XI Principles.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial & Events, this role will:
- Lead and oversee the Events Team in the planning and delivery for international events such as Socceroos and Matildas match days, fan days and other events
- Build and maintain key relationships with domestic and international football stakeholders, counterparts at venues and other sporting codes to ensure a best practice approach to all managed events, that increase the profile of football
- Manage day to day relationships and the operations of key external event stakeholders such as Broadcast, Sport Presentation, Signage and Security
- Maximise the commercial outcomes around all Football Australia events
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with venues on commercial hire terms & other associated agreements for Football Australia events
- Manage the tender process for Football Australia event related contractors as well as subsequent onboarding and other negotiation as required
- Work closely with broadcast on integration and growth opportunities across all Football Australia events
- Liaise with external international organisations including FIFA, the Asian Football Confederation and visiting nations on event, commercial and match regulations in order to implement successful National Team events
- Oversee the quality of delivery and the detailed operational planning documents for all Football Australia events and other special projects and events
- Refine & manage various event specific as well as the yearly event team budgets
- Research relevant market trends, international football, and other international and domestic entertainment products
- Work closely with the government relations and commercial teams on supporting delivering key state government event objectives
Experience and skills required
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the management and delivery of sporting events and/or major events with a strong project management focus
- Proven experience and ability in leading and growing a team of staff
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal Football Australia departments and external stakeholders, event contractors and agencies
- Ability to take a strategic view on major event planning & delivery whilst simultaneously exhibiting a strong attention to detail
- Experience in the commercial operations relating to sporting events, venues, and contractors
- Strong communications (verbal & written) & relationship management skills
- Strong project management disciplines inclusive of the ability to prioritise at peak times
- Strong attention to detail, high standards of integrity, ability to represent Football Australia’s interests
- Relevant working rights within Australia
- Flexibility as out of hours, weekend and evening work will be required alongside international, interstate and intrastate travel
To apply, send through your CV and Cover Letter in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th October 2021.